When the pandemic hit, our CU Denver researchers, creators, and support staff demonstrated remarkable resilience and ingenuity in the face of tremendous difficulty. We want to celebrate these efforts! We’re asking for nominations for those who have gone above and beyond to support Research and Creative Activities (RCA) at CU Denver during the pandemic, as well as those who pivoted to conduct COVID-related RCA. We invite everyone in the CU Denver community to nominate themselves, individuals, and/or teams by 5 p.m. on Monday, October 11. There will be multiple awards, and winners will receive a cash prize and token of recognition.
We want to honor researchers, creators, and support staff who…
– Led and supported re-opening labs and other RCA facilities
– Conducted COVID-related RCA
– Pivoted/continued their RCA through the pandemic
– Supported/mentored RCA at CU Denver
– Helped to develop PPE, COVID tests, and other responses to community needs
– Sought/supported innovative ways to assist frontline workers and medical staff during the pandemic.
– Embodied principles of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion through their RCA by seeking to address inequalities that emerged or were exacerbated during the pandemic.
All faculty members (any rank), staff, administration, and campus leadership. Students are also eligible to both nominate and be nominated for this recognition and are highly encouraged to participate in this recognition event. Teams of individuals that span the Denver/Anschutz campuses are also encouraged to submit. The idea behind this recognition is to be as broadly inclusive of the CU Denver community as possible to recognize all the amazing work that occurred under the unprecedented circumstances of the last 18 months
Application opens: September 16, 2021
Nomination deadline: October 11, 2021 5 pm
Recognition announcement: TBA