Here at CU Denver, the health and well-being of our community is our highest priority. With that, we have decided that our 2020 Spring Commencement will not take place as planned in person on May 16th.
This decision is very disappointing for our graduates and their families. Our students work incredibly hard to reach this milestone.
While we work on alternative ways to celebrate the graduates, we are asking alumni to help us share positive messages to our graduates.
Please help us in celebrating the Spring 2020 grads by recording an encouraging, congratulatory video message. Submitted videos will be considered for the final, compilation video that will be sent to our grads via social and email. We are not asking for highly produced videos, so don’t sweat it if you don’t typically take selfie videos.
- Their work has not gone unnoticed.
- Their degree is well-deserved.
- We are so proud of them for everything they’ve accomplished while at CU Denver.
- It’s a bummer they can’t have a physical commencement, but it’s for the best interest of everyone and we want to still celebrate you all.
- They’re still a Lynx at the end of this all.
- It’s an extraordinary accomplishment to graduate from CU Denver and they have so much to be proud of.
- *Avoid referencing alternative commencements as we continue to assess the plan or focusing on how unfortunate it is that their physical commencement was canceled for May 16.
- Using your smartphone in your house is authentic and personal—perfect for this type of video.
- Try facing a window (any other light source), rather than having it behind you. This makes you look bright, clear and amazing! ☺
- Do not cover the microphone (on the bottom of your phone). This will muffle your message.
- Try to have your phone be eye level for the best angle. Feel free to simply hold your phone in front of you or lean it against a stable object.
- Wearing your favorite CU Denver gear if possible.
- Keep the clip under 20 seconds so it’s able to upload.
- Upload by April 16 at midnight.
By uploading my video, I agree to and acknowledge that CU Denver and University Communications may edit or alter my video without changing the concept or message, and give permission for my video to be used in any CU Denver University Communications purposes including official social media pages.