As you head into the winter break and begin planning for next year, it is a good time to check your information in your employee portal and review some of the benefits that are changing in the new year.
Merit Pay Increase
In January’s paycheck, faculty and non-classified staff who meet eligibility requirements and performance standards will see merit pay, base-building increases commensurate with their performance. The CU Board of Regents approved a 3% merit pool increase earlier this year. Dual
Family and Medical Leave
In January, CU is launching the FAMLI program, which will give employees more options when it comes to taking family and medical leave. It will provide all eligible employees a portion of their weekly salary (up to $1,100 per week) for as many as 12 weeks of leave, to care for themselves or a family member (with an additional four weeks of leave for complications during pregnancy or childbirth). Several information sessions are available in December and January. For more information, click here.
Employee Retention Initiative
CU Denver’s Human Resources department is working on a variety of initiatives to help keep the university’s valued employees. A new initiative that will roll out in January is the Retention Interview Program aimed at developing a feedback loop to gauge employee sentiment regarding the effectiveness of supervisory processes, to create a timely assessment of campus and unit culture, and to centralize the exit interview process. The goal is to create a way for the university to adapt practices and professional development in support of becoming a best place to work. If you are interested in becoming an interviewer, please email email@example.com
Tax Information and Help
Human Resources would like to remind everyone to ensure their home address in their employee portal is correct. This is a good time to verify pay information is correct as well, in order to ensure your W-2 and/or 1042-S forms do not include errors. A correct home address will ensure forms are mailed to the right location, without delays. Changes should be made by Friday, Dec. 15 to provide enough time for processing. For more information, click here.
If you have any Human Resources-related questions, please reach out to the team.
- General Human Resources inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learning and Development (training, development, new employee orientation): email@example.com
- Workplace Engagement (performance management and development, FAMLI, accommodations): firstname.lastname@example.org
- People Operations (hiring, recruitment, payroll): email@example.com
- Comprehensive Compensation Collaborative (compensation framework): 3C@ucdenver.edu
- Search Advocates: firstname.lastname@example.org
CU Denver will continue to offer employees free EcoPasses at no cost in 2024. However, the EcoPass went digital, effective Dec. 1, so make sure you download the app to continue to use this benefit. The steps are:
- Download the RTD MyRide app by visiting the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Click on “Account” on the main app screen.
- Create a new account on the app using your work email address and choose your own password. You will receive an email link to verify your account set up.
- Set up a MyRide Barcode in the app to travel with your EcoPass. You can do this by clicking “MyRide” on the home page, then clicking “Get Started” and, finally, clicking “With MyRide Barcode.”
- You will receive a confirmation email once your digital pass is issued.
- Email transportation at email@example.com to confirm your pass is active.
There are a series of opportunities for you to update your professional skills at the university. You can review the list of free options here. One underutilized resource available to all employees is LinkedIn Learning. You can complete courses at your pace and at no cost. The platform recently added a new feature to help learners pursue their professional goals. Role Guides are collections of all the courses, skills, and resources relevant to common job roles. The 39 available guides include titles such as human resources manager, data engineer, graphic designer, recruiter, and others. To learn more, click here.
Benefits and Resources Fair
It’s never too early to start planning. Mark your calendar for CU Denver’s 2024 Benefits and Resources Fair on Wednesday, April 24, in the Lola and Rob Salazar Wellness Center gym.