As part of the 2030 Strategic Plan, University Communications, in partnership with stakeholders across our campus community, launched a brand refresh project last winter. The initiative focused on aligning the CU Denver brand with our ambitions and conveying why CU Denver is uniquely equipped to make education work for all.
This month, the brand refresh working group is thrilled to announce the first phase of the project is complete. This phase of the project included a robust research protocol that incorporated an internal communications audit, discovery sessions with internal and external stakeholders, secondary research with a landscape analysis, and an awareness and perception survey to external market segments.
The Lynx community is invited to hear research key findings firsthand and learn more about next steps for the brand refresh project by attending a community session from May 2 – 5.
Identified as an empowering action in the 2030 Strategic Plan, the brand refresh is divided into four phases and will result in defining our brand promise (what we stand for), messaging pillars (what we say) and our creative expression (how we look and feel).
- Phase 1 | Research & Discovery (complete)
- Phase 2 | Brand Strategy: Updated brand positioning and messaging for CU Denver to differentiate itself in a crowded market.
- Phase 3 | Creative Expression & Brand Activation: Words and visuals to bring the newly devised brand strategy to life.
- Phase 4 | Media Strategy & Plan: Marketing and communications planning with an advertising campaign component to share the new brand with our internal and external stakeholders.
- Phase 5 | Launch & Measurement: Launch and measure the brand activation and go-to-market campaign in local, state, and select national markets.
Over the summer, the brand refresh working group will begin work on the second phase of the project. University Communications will provide regular updates, seek input, and offer ways for the campus community to get involved in future editions of CU Denver News.
To learn more about CU Denver’s brand refresh, visit ucdenver.edu/brand-refresh. For questions, comments, and suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.