The university’s fall tradition – LynxFest: Family & Alumni Weekend – welcomed more than 100 alumni, students and family members to campus on Oct. 13. More than 50 volunteers made the weekend celebration a success.
Festivities kicked off with the Parent & Family Reception at Campus Village where families got a taste of on-campus living and enjoyed games with students.
Following breakfast and a Jim ‘N Nick’s BBQ lunch on Saturday, LynxFest attendees split up across campus to take part in various activities, including:
- Lightning Lectures on digital media with:
- Stop & Serve activity, at which 18 blankets were made for the Visiting Nurses Association
- Tour of the Tivoli Student Union, including the building’s history, evolution and potential hauntings
- History of campus from the university’s resident expert in Colorado history, Tom “Dr. Colorado” Noel, professor of history
- Tour of the newly built Lola & Rob Salazar Student Wellness Center
The weekend celebration concluded with a colorful, create-your-own aspen tree souvenir during Masterpieces & Milkshakes, along with local craft beer at the Tivoli Brewing Co.